The HR Best Practice Award is awarded to a company that demonstrates the importance and positive impact strong HR practices can have within an organization. The purpose of the award is to recognize an organization that aligns successful HR programs and practices with the company’s business objectives.
- Recognize and award excellence in those companies that are making a difference
- To showcase HR practices that HR professionals and organizations can incorporate into their companies
- To encourage HR Professionals to “Carry the Banner” in promoting “Best Practices” in their own Companies
- To communicate the benefits of strategic, proactive HR
Who Can Apply?
The HR Best Practice award is for any size business and extends across all industries. The company must employ and support one National SHRM member on staff.
A panel of judges will rate each application on the following criteria:
- The use of creativity in the development and design of the Best Practice.
- How well the Best Practice aligned with the Company’s overall mission.
- Recognizable and measurable positive outcomes, such as increased level of customer satisfaction, reduction in turnover, etc.
- Value added through process improvements.
A panel of judges will select the ARSHRM State Council Human Resources Best Practices Award recipient. The panel will consist of the current SHRM members from within the state of Arkansas. The application process and recipient selection are overseen by the ARSHRM State Council’s Communications & Awards Director.
Each judge will review and rate the applicant on a scale from 1 to 10 with “1” being the lowest marks for that criterion, and “10” being the highest. The winner of the ARSHRM State Council Human Resources Best Practices Award will be the applicant with the highest cumulative point total. If nominees do not meet the criteria as outlined or if no nominations are received, no award will be presented. Generally, only one award will be given each year.
The HR Best Practice Award will be presented annually at the Arkansas SHRM Human Resource State Conference & Expo.
How to Apply:
This application must be filled out completely and accurately. Please PRINT or TYPE. You may attach additional sheets if more space is needed. Send your completed application along with any supporting documents to:
Arkansas SHRM State Council
Attn: Tara Mauk Arthur
ASHRM Communications & Awards Chair
Deadline is September 15.