Have you considered joining a local SHRM Chapter? When you join a SHRM-affiliated chapter, you gain access to a local network of HR professionals, as well as professional development programs, products and services in your community that can broaden your skills and make you more valuable to your organization.
In Arkansas, SHRM has seven local affiliate chapters, which provide additional programming, development, and networking opportunities. SHRM chapters are autonomous organizations, so you will not automatically become a member of your local chapter when you join SHRM, and vice versa unless you designate your membership with SHRM via their website.
Maximize your opportunities by becoming a member of SHRM and an affiliated chapter. It's a winning combination!
Local SHRM Membership provides:
- Interaction with other HR professionals and companies, giving you unique insight into the way in which other organizations deal with various human resource situations;
- A network of professionals and specialists that gives you access to hard-to-find HR information;
- The opportunity to develop relationships and share information with HR professionals from other companies;
- Local professional development opportunities to improve your skills and abilities;
- Access to current HR best practices to help your organization become more efficient and increase employee commitment;
- Up-to-date information on current legislation that may impact your company;
- Strong leadership skills, cultivated by volunteering with your local chapter;
- The opportunity to strengthen your reputation in the HR field.
Advance the profession, and advance your career -- join a SHRM chapter!!