2021 Sheila Moss
Arkansas SHRM is pleased to announce Sheila Moss, SPHR, SHRM-SCP aka “the I-9 Lady” is our 2021 Human Resource Professional of the Year. As the Professional of the Year, the recipient must be exceptional at what he/she/they does and more importantly, gives back to our profession to serve others.
Sheila is the owner of her consulting company, Information Solutions Team, and is considered an expert in I-9 Compliance.
Sheila has been an active Member of the Society of Human Resources Management since 1997 and an active member of NOARK serving in many roles including:
- Legislative Affairs Committee Chair
- Vice President / Membership
- Chapter President
- served on various conference committees as a Speaker, Programs Chair, to name a few
- is the go-to HR professional for the classes the chapter offers for recertification credits, conferences, and our monthly meetings
- has published several articles in the media
- chaired the ARSHRM ELLA conference
- served as the ARSHRM Federal Legislative Director
- serves as facilitator for the University of Arkansas Global Campus
- volunteers for the Northwest Arkansas Council Workforce Development Committee
- under her leadership, her chapter received the “Top 25 Fundraising Chapters Award” in the US
She has advised the Arkansas State Legislature regarding I-9 compliance and worked diligently with Congress and the State Senate to remove the legislation due to the incredible detriment to Arkansas Employers.
Sheila received the Russell Gunter Legislative Advocacy Award in 2018.
As the longest running 2020/21 State Conference Chair, she led her committee in the most trying of circumstances during planning, coordinating and managing a state conference during a pandemic.
As one person stated, “Without her dedication to the HR profession, many of us would not be in the positions we're in today.”